Book cheap train tickets with Expedia in just a few clicks
It’s never been easier to book low-cost train travel, with a wide range of train lines, discounts and destinations available. Just enter your travel dates in the train journey planner and we’ll show you a list of fare options and train times. Just as you can specify your needs when looking for an Expedia hotel, hostel or holiday rental, you can filter your train ticket search by your preferred number of changes, travel class, fare type and refund policy. This way, you can tailor your train ticket to perfectly suit your travel requirements.
The best tips to get low-cost train tickets
- An advance fare will usually be cheaper than buying on the day of travel and can save you up to half the cost in some cases. Advance fares are one-way tickets that are valid only on the date and time stated and are non-refundable.
- A non-refundable ticket will cost less, too, if you are able to forego the flexibility of being able to cancel. Perfect for those who have fixed plans that are unlikely to change.
- Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets are cheaper than Anytime tickets (which allow you to board any trains during peak and off-peak times). Off-Peak trains will usually be less busy, and the restrictions on time of travel are reflected in the lower fares.
Some discounts are available to holders of the below railcards. Just select your railcard from the drop-down list on the search page and the discount will be applied to the fares shown.
- 16-25 Railcard: 34% discount on Standard Class fares
- Disabled Persons Railcard: 34% discount on Standard & First-Class fares
- Family & Friends Railcard: 34% discount on Standard Class fares
- HM Forces Railcard: 34% discount on Standard & First-Class fares
- Network Railcard (London & South East): 34% discount on Standard Class fares
- Senior Railcard: 34% discount on Standard & First-Class fares
Popular destinations to travel to by train
Need inspiration for your next city break? Expedia customers love to travel by train to these UK cities: